The Power of Leverage
“A movie star makes a movie once. The leverage comes when millions of people pay to view it."
All large earners embrace leverage to increase their reach. Start by leveraging the resources and connections of your own team, then their connections, and soon you'll discover you can unearth a huge base of potential with just a few conversations.
Five types of leverage to act upon:
Other People’s …
1. Money - e.g. via borrowing for real estate with 0-10% down
2. Experience - including apprenticeships under a mentor, as well as learning from books, audios and seminars
3. Ideas - associate with others who can share ideas for moneymaking - especially ideas from a mentor who has *been there* and got wonderful results
4. Time - buy from others their time, talent, connections, resources, know-how, etc.
5. Work - most people want a job, security, rather than opportunity. Hire and delegate.
The One Minute Millionaire book explores all of these potential points of leverage. Rarely is success achieved by employing only one point of leverage so it's wise to get your team focused on which levers can be used in combination to greatest effect.
This is such a vital lesson, as the greatest opportunities lie in leveraging others' money, time ideas, work and experience.
There's one enormous point of leverage not listed here, and that's NETWORKS. Connect with someone who has an established network of hungry customers.
Go find them!